Thai Pepper Keang Nia
(It is time-consuming, make the sauce several hours, or even the day ahead, and re warm slowly over low heat.
• 8oz center-cut Filet mignon steaks.
• Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 tablespoon melted butter Masaman Sauce (recipe given)
• 2 avocados (Hass recommended), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 16 asparagus spears, cooked
• 8 chunks cooked sweet potatoes, about 2 inches in size
• 16 baby Portobello mushrooms, briefly sautéed
• 2 tablespoons chopped Thai basil*